College football’s bowl season begins this week, just days before Christmas, with one game on Wednesday’s schedule.
So far, Sun Belt and Mountain West had the best results in the national competition, going 3-0 for the former and 2-1 for the latter. Meanwhile, AAC went 0-2 and Conference USA 1-3. early postseason.
How it’s happening: College Football Bowl Game Tracker: Conference Win/Loss Record
But as the calendar draws nearer, and then Christmas, is when the more famous teams begin to act in the more prestigious bowl games, culminating in the college football playoffs and national championships.
Go Bowling: 2022 college football bowl schedule.
Here’s what you need to know about Wednesday’s bowl schedule.
Eastern and Gameline are always courtesy of SI Sportsbook
new orleans bowl
West Kentucky vs. South Alabama
Wednesday, December 21 | 9:00 PM | ESPN
Point Spread: South Alabama enters the game as the 4-point favorite against Western Kentucky, according to the SI Sportsbook.
total: The book set the over/under mark for the game at 56.5 points.
Moneyline: South Alabama -200 | West Kentucky +145
FPI Forecast: Western Kentucky has a 58.2% chance of winning the game, according to the Football Power Index computer prediction model, which simulates 20,000 team seasons to pick winners. FPI projections show South Alabama winning outright with his 41.8% winning percentage.
Diffusion of consensus picks: South Alabama -4
Score prediction: Team rankings predict South Alabama will win the New Orleans Bowl by beating Western Kentucky by an estimated score of 30.4 to 26.6.
Western Kentucky (8-5) betting trends: WKU is 5-0 ATS against the winning team… 6-1 ATS in the last 7 after ATS loss. Under is 6-1-1 across the team’s last 8 games .
South Alabama (10-2) betting trends: The Jaguars are 4-0 against the spread in their last four non-conference games…Overs are 3-0-1 across their last four games in the SA…Overs are the straights followed by their It’s 3-0-1 in its last four games-up wins.
fuboTV provides full live coverage of the NCAA schedule’s top college football games each season from major TV networks, as well as the SEC, Big Ten, ACC, Pac-12 networks and more. In addition to over 100 channels of live TV and thousands of hours of on-demand titles.
Stream college football, NFL, and more from any device, including your mobile phone. There are no contracts or hidden fees and DVR is included.
>> Click here to watch college football for free on fuboTV
- south carolina
- our women
- north carolina
More College Football from SI: Top 25 Rankings | Schedule | All Teams
Follow College Football HQ: Bookmarks | Rankings | Facebook