Read ESPN’s Fantasy Football Daily Notes daily to stay on top of the news you need to know and get a head start on fantasy football content arriving today and tomorrow on ESPN.com and the ESPN Fantasy App.
news: ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Colts RB Jonathan Taylor sprained his ankle during Saturday’s game against the Vikings.
Meaning in fantasy: It remains to be seen if Taylor will play again this season. Zak Moss and Deon Jackson were rotated at Colts running backs after Taylor was injured in the second quarter. For fantasy managers, things can get even more complicated. My first choice with Waverwire is Moss.
news: Jaguars RB Travis Etienne Jr. had 21 touches and 127 total yards against the Cowboys on Sunday despite sustaining an injury during the game.
Meaning in fantasy: This was the best fantasy performance since week 10. His ankle injury forced him out of the game briefly late in the fourth quarter, but he returned. The fact that Etienne is back suggests he’s fine, but it’s not the first time a player has returned and later found his injury worse than expected. , the fantasy manager should prioritize his JaMychal Hasty. The Jaguars will face the Jets in Week 16, but their Week 17 matchup against the Texans will be particularly attractive. Hasty is only enrolled in his 4.1% of his ESPN league. Etienne’s condition must be carefully monitored.
news: Cardinals QB Colt McCoy suffered a concussion against the Broncos at the start of the third quarter on Sunday.
Meaning in fantasy: After McCoy’s injury, Trace Mussorley took over as quarterback for the Cardinals for the remainder of the game. The third-string quarterback completed 13 of his 21 passes for 78 yards and an interception. Mind you, Kyler his Murray tore his ACL in Week 14. McCoy is currently participating in his league protocol. DeAndre Hopkins and James Connor’s fantasy values are already adversely affected by the change from Murray to McCoy, and McSorley makes it even worse. The Cardinals’ matchup against the Buccaneers in Week 16 will be tough.
Today at ESPN.com/Fantasy and the ESPN Fantasy App
• Eric Moody’s Waiver Wire Pickup identifies the top players your team needs.
• “Fantasy Focus” Podcast: Monday’s morning edition rounds up Sunday’s games (8:00 AM ET).
• Week 16 Fantasy Soccer Rankings (PPR and NPPR) for each position
Matt Bowen’s Streaming Picks: Deeper Picks for Deeper Leagues and Urgent Needs
• NFL NFL Nations Fantasy Fallout: Beat Reporter Answers Your Most Pressing Fantasy Questions
• Eric Caravelle’s trade index and rest of the season rankings after week X
• Fantasy Focus Podcast (10am ET)
In case you missed it:
• Matt Bowen and Tristan H. Cockcroft: Jerick McKinnon and Zay Jones are among the players who make the difference in the fantasy playoffs.