Florida State vs Oklahoma predictions, match preview, odds and how to watch. Cheez-It Bowl, Thursday, December 29
Florida State vs Oklahoma Cheez-It Bowl Prediction Game Preview
– Inquiry/Follow @ColFootballNews & @Pete Fiutak
How to watch Florida vs Oklahoma
Date: Thursday, December 29th
Game time: 5:30 ET
Venue: Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
How to watch: ESPN
Record: Florida (9-3), Oklahoma (6-6)
– Sign up to live stream college football on ESPN+
Florida State University vs Oklahoma Cheez-It Bowl 5 Things You Need to Know
Cheez-It Bowl Predictions, What Happens, and History
– It wasn’t that long ago that this was a national championship matchup. Well, it’s been over 20 years since they met for the BCS Championship (a 13-2 Oklahoma victory), but these are still two strong infrastructure/expectation programs, and we’re going to use this as a starting point. trying to use
This bowl hit a bad snag of a really, really bad game when it was dubbed the Russell Athletic Bowl from 2013-2019, then the Camping World Bowl.
There were seven games in a row of varying degrees of blast, and then the Cheez-It Bowl. In 2020 he beat Oklahoma beast Miami 37-34, and last year Clemson beat Iowa 20-13. These OUs and FSUs may continue to do so.
– Florida State may have taken a turn under head coach Mike Nobel. However, they emerged from a three-game losing streak and went on to win five in a row to completely dominate Miami and give Florida a shootout victory. He won LSU early in the season and had a great year. Winning this would be an easy win.
– Ok, Oklahoma fell off a cliff. Lincoln Riley brought eventual Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams to Los Angeles, and Brent Venables was responsible for becoming the next star to sustain the program’s success.
After a 3-0 start, OU lost 6 of their final 9 games. This has his 49-0 embarrassment against Texas.
– Oklahoma’s recent bowl history is all about context. Yes, we’re only 3-5 in our last eight games, but four of those five were College Football Playoff losses. Under Riley, he multiplied the 2020 cotton-depleted Florida team by 55 and put 47 on last year’s Alamo-depleted Oregon team.
– This marks a return to the bowl circuit for a given Florida State program. Getting to one of these things since 1980. Missed the last two years after losing to Arizona State in the 2019 Sun, losing 3 of the last 5 – Oregon in first-ever college football Playoff game – after winning three consecutive bowls.
CFN Expert CFP, NY6, Dec 28-Jan 2
Why Florida Wins the Cheez-It Bowl
Oklahoma is missing some very important players.
RB Eric Gray has gone to the next level, with NFL-class offensive linemen Anton Harrison and Wanya Morris out of action, and the defense has lost some pieces.
On the flip side, Florida State has regained some of its key players with this. About as close to normal as you might get from here for a non-elite bowl of Years Six.
The Seminoles move the chains. The rushing offense under Norvell is doing what it’s supposed to, with Travis excelling on third downs and all that should work against Oklahoma’s defense, which was bottom of the Big 12, to get out of the field. A mix to struggle and control time in possession battles.
Well, Sooner’s offense likes to move quickly, but it doesn’t help D. Florida State averages 218 yards per game on the ground.
Top 100 Bowl Players | Ranking of Bowl Games Ever
Why Oklahoma Wins the Cheez-It Bowl
Just keep the pace.
The defense can’t do much to slow the Sooners down, but the offense should be able to catch up without Gray running the ball. I have enough experience to spread the ball and keep the attack moving.
Yeah, Gray took on the workload, but he has enough rotation to move in with Gabriel, who has the potential to keep Florida State’s defense honest.
As long as Gabriel can connect with midrange throws and come up with manageable third-down chances, this should be a back and forth battle.
Run Defense must be sold out. Jordan Travis may be good at getting the ball into the hands of playmakers, but if this OU D of him can hold up up front, all possibilities open up.
Let’s not gouge ourselves, just a few gists – 5-2 if you generate multiple turnovers – and…
Cheez-It Bowl Predictions, What Happens, and History
Next: What Happens, Florida vs. Oklahoma Predictions, Cheez-It Bowl History
Florida State vs Oklahoma Cheez-It Bowl, What Happens?
It will take something special for Oklahoma to pull off this.
Dillon Gabriel has to play his way, the defense has to play their best game of the season, and Florida State has to mess it up.
it won’t happen.
This is a very confident Seminole team that can rely on the ground game whenever they need to work things out. loss of is starting to matter.
The Sooners put in a lot of effort, but it just isn’t enough. He is 5-0 if he allows 14 points or less, and 1-6 if he gives up more. They give up more than two touchdowns.
florida vs oklahoma cheez-it bowl, predictions, lines
CFN Prediction: Florida 34, Oklahoma 20
Line: FL-9, o/u: 66
ATS Reliability out of 5: 3.5
Cheez-It Bowl Must-See Rating (out of 5): 3
CFN Expert Dec 20-27 | CFP NY6, Dec 28-Jan 2
History of the Cheez-It Bowl
December 29, 2021 Clemson 20, Iowa 13
Dec 29, 2020 Oklahoma 37, Iowa 9
camping world bowl
December 28, 2019 Notre Dame 33, Iowa 9
December 28, 2018 Syracuse 34, West Virginia 18
December 28, 2017 Oklahoma 30, Virginia Tech 21
Russell Athletic Bowl
December 26, 2016 Miami 31, West Virginia 14
12/29/2015 Baylor 49 North Carolina 38
12/29/2014 Clemson 40 Oklahoma 6
Dec 28, 2013 Louisville 36 Miami 9
December 28, 2012 Virginia Tech 13 Rutgers 10 (OT)
champs sports bowl
Dec 29, 2011 Florida 18 Notre Dame 14
12/28/2010 North Carolina 23 West Virginia 7
29/12/2009 Wisconsin 20 Miami 14
12/27/2008 Florida 42 Wisconsin 13
December 28, 2007 Boston College 24 Michigan 21
12/29/2006 Maryland 24 Purdue 7
Dec 27, 2005 Clemson 19 Colorado 10
12/21/2004 Georgia Tech 51 Syracuse 14
December 22, 2003 North Carolina 56 Kansas 26
12/23/2002 Texas Tech 55 Clemson 15
Dec. 20, 2001 Pittsburgh 34 North Carolina 19
micron PC bowl
Dec 10 28, 2000 North Carolina 38 Minnesota 30
Dec. 30, 1999 ILLINOIS 63 VIRGINIA 21
12/29/1998 Miami 46 NC 23
1997.12.29 Georgia Institute of Technology 35 West Virginia 30
1996.12.27 Miami 31 Virginia 21
Dec. 30, 1995 North Carolina 20 Arkansas 10
January 2, 1995 South Carolina 24 West Virginia 21
January 1, 1994 Boston College 31 Virginia 13
01/01/1993 Stamford 28 Pennsylvania 3
12/28/91 Alabama 30 Colorado 25
Dec. 28, 1990 Florida 24 Pennsylvania 17
– 2022-2023 Bowl Schedule, Forecast
The story was originally published in College Football News