The University of Georgia is just hours away from the start of the early national signing day with 23 current commits and several elite targets remaining on the board. One of these top talents, he just announced the release of his commitment. Kyron Jones, his 6’1, 195-pound athlete from Charlotte, North Carolina, has picked things up again after being released from the wolfpack inside North Carolina.
Jones joined North Carolina State a few months ago, and despite his commitment to the Wolfpack, he has since become one of the most popular players in the country. UGA was offered on his November 5, followed by Michigan and Nebraska. Miami he was offered in September and is still in the picture today.
He is now out of Wolfpack and has reopened recruitment just 36 hours before early national contract dates.
Dogues-Daily spoke with Jones and confirmed that he is in frequent contact with Georgia and could play both running and defensive back. This is the box you need to do.
Jones is an elite two-way player and it looks like UGA could recruit him on the defensive side of the ball. With a decision from Daniel Harris looming, UGA is conducting due diligence and monitoring Jones. I’m here. Georgia looks to be kicking off his season with Flip just hours before national signing day begins.
scroll to continue
Important Transfer Portal and NFL Draft Updates
- Jackson State DB/WR Travis Hunter is in the Transfer Portal
- Alabama lost multiple starters to the transfer portal.
- Former Georgia QB JT Daniels is back on the transfer portal. Daniels spent the last year in West Virginia.
- Former Georgia WR Jermaine Burton has decided to return to Alabama for one more season.
- Georgia Tech’s new coach, Brent Key, has been busy on the transfer portal. The Yellow Jackets have earned a commitment from Texas A&M transfer he WR Chase Lane. Key also from USF he added TE Jackson Long.
- Tech lost some depth as backup QB Taisun Phommachanh returned to Transfer Portal.
- Former Florida QB Emory Jones, who moved to Arizona last season, is back on the transfer portal.
- South Carolina has taken it roughly. Gamecocks he loses both RB MarShawn Lloyd and TE Jaheim Bell to the transfer portal. Bell is already committed to Florida.
- The Gamecocks are also missing tight end Austin Stogner, who is returning to Oklahoma after a season in South Carolina.
- Tennessee has received a commitment from UC Davis TE McCallan Castles.
You may also like:
Join our community:
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter. @Brooks Austin BA
Subscribe to our YouTube page here