College football is often full of dramatic comebacks, some bigger than others.
The Kansas Jayhawks’ recovery from a 25-point lead over the Arkansas Razorbacks with four minutes left in the 4th quarter of the 2022 Liberty Bowl made us think about the greatest comeback in sports history.
The biggest recovery from the deficit in bowl games was the 2015 Alamo Bowl on January 2, 2016. The second half after kicking a field goal with 19 seconds left in regulation. They went on to win him 47–41 in the third overtime.
Biggest college football deficit overcome
- 35 Points: Michigan, Oct. 21, 2006
- 34 Points: UCLA vs. Texas A&M, Sept. 3, 2017
- 32 Points: UCLA v Washington State Sept. 21, 2019
- 31 Points: Maryland v Miami, 10/11/1984
- 31 Points: Oct. 28, 1989, Ohio v. Minnesota
- 31 Points: Texas Tech vs. Minnesota, December 29, 2006
- 31 Points: TCU vs Oregon, Jan 2, 2016
- 31 Points: September 24, 2016 Over Tulsa, Fresno
- 30 Points: California v Oregon, Oct. 2, 1993